Thursday, May 19, 2011

Zilker Umlauf Sculpture Gardens

I took Kelli to the gardens to let her scavenger new things, new plants and sights. It was fun to watch her explore everything and squeal as she scampered along. I caught this great view of the city atop a set of steps leading to one of the waterfalls. I love my town. Ewps... I should be watching my toddler...

Kelli had no concern for safety during our trip. I really think I need one of those teddy bear backpack things that has a leash? I know. Totally degrading and I swore I'd never do that. But she is one of THOSE kids.

See?
I guess Kelli decided to get baptized again.
Saw the water.
Jumped right in.
I even had one hand on her shorts, but she managed the dive.

This was the only picture I got of her face the entire time because the rascal kept running away from me. I have about 200 photos of the back of her head, but managed to capture this smirk. I blew it up on canvas and it's above the fireplace. (the fireplace that doesn't work.... still.... after 4 years).






This is Kelli pouting in front of the Butler Window, she kept sitting on different rocks and fake-crying to get my attention bc I wouldn't walk with her as I wanted to get photos of different things along the way so she finally sat in front of me to really get the point across.

History of the Butler window: Michael Butler was a famous architect here in Austin that owned a brick company as well. UT has an architect department named after him. That was his house in downtown Austin but it was torn down in 1971 and made into a parking lot!!!! OUCH! They saved the window and a lot of different parts of the house and they glorify a lot of famous spots in Austin.
Photo: Butler House

Photo: Michael and Mary Jane Butler

No comments:

Post a Comment