Thursday, September 9, 2010

Kelli's First Day @ Primrose

Since I am in school 3 days a week, I decided to put Kelli in Primrose on those days, so that my mom is not bogged down too much with childcare. It will be so good for her as well, since she has never had much socialization with other tots. She is a bit of a mama's girl, and needs this time away to become a little more independent and make friends etc. Her first day went much better than we all expected. Her teachers all said she was sad at first... off course. But throughout the day she was friendly, curious and for the most part, happy and talkative. When I went to pick her up after school, she saw me and ran like I've never seen her run before and I swooped her up... and I think for the first time this child gave ME a real hug and said "awww". It was adorable. Affection isn't Kelli's "thing", but once in a while she slips. This picture was taken on our way home (stop light obviously)... she was ALL smiles, just so excited to see me.

No comments:

Post a Comment