Saturday, August 28, 2010

Creepy Crawlies AND Cutie Crawlies.

So I went out back to let my parents' dog out and as I'm looking toward the north I see a dark spot on my neighbor's shed. Then I realize it's kind of big and go to take a closer look and its. a. SPIDER.
A freaking BIG spider. This picture doesn't do the size justice. It was huge.
I felt it needed to be a dead spider, so I go next door.
No one is home!!
But I can't just LEAVE it there.
Alive?
No way.
That's too close to MY house. (the thought of it crawling over the fence? no.)
So I just kind of help myself into their yard with a shovel and a can of Raid. Oh. MY. Gawwwwwwwd. It's legs had to have been as long as my fingers. So disgusting. I whacked it 100 times with the garden shovel and the bastard wouldn't DIE!!! so it took nearly the entire can of Raid before it stopped trying to crawl back UP the shed!!!! Sooooooooo disgusting. This thing was huge. And the belly was yellow. I looked it up and it's called "garden spider" and is apparently good for plants and gardens.
Ewps.


Andy tells me every time he comes back in town that he's going to take my car in to get washed and detailed. But he never does. He takes HIS car in to be cleaned. He'll say "ill do it this week". And it gets put off. He knows I can't go with both kids and do this. But I finally gave up after being told this like 5 times and instead being put off for HIS car, which is CLEAN bc no one ever drives it and it sits in the GARAGE!!!!!!!!!!!!
Anyway (in an un-angry voice).... I just said forget it... took both girls and went to get my car cleaned and detailed. Spent the stupid $80 and had them play in the waiting room, make noise, make a mess, scream and yell and run all over the place for an hour. Yes, an hour. That's how dirty my car was.

They made a HUGE mess all over the place and were SO noisy and crazy. But Kelli had fun.


My parents came back from visiting my brother in North Carolina and my mom wasn't 2 feet in the door before Kelli took a look at her and began dragging her to the table to read. She sees MeMaw and immediately wants to sit at the table and read magazines or the paper. That is a "Kelli & MeMaw" thing. Their special thing, only between the two of them. It's really cute. Each morning Kelli sits on her lap and they read the paper. I guess she missed MeMaw for those 10 days and wanted to catch up!

1 comment:

  1. - i killed a garden spider just like that (maybe not as big) by sticking a stick in its belly and letting the guts come out. Told aaron how proud i was of myself for killing a "black widow" and not freaking out about it. He informed me i'd just killed a backyard hero unjustly.

    - That has to be the nicest waiting room in a car place i've ever seen.

    - how cute that they read the paper together. aw!

    ReplyDelete