Thursday, June 25, 2009

3 Weeks Old!

we had our 2 week check up one week late, bc Dr. Lincoln was on vacay. Kelli gave us her first "im in pain!" cry, and I couldn't stand it. Quivering lip and everything. I think I promised her a Ben & Jerry's ice cream factory and a pony for her birthday and I believe I repeated 100 times "it wasn't me... it was her!" while kissing her cheek over and over.

A day of firsts! Got her first prick, and gave us her first blow-out! On her new, CUTE outfit!!!! grrrr. How do they sense this?

Andy got Sydney ready for camp, so I decided I might as well wash up, brush my teeth etc. Problem, I have spoiled Kelli by holding her alot. (I cant help it and I refuse to change). Honestly, I could be holding her by her foot, but as long as *I* am holding her, she's happy. Soon as I put her down (if she's awake)... no ma'am... if she's awake, she needs to be in my arms or literally next to me with me touching her. She's kind of sensitive that way. But as long as she sleeps through the night and never cries in the car... NOT COMPLAINING! Well... I actually set her down here while awake, on the boppy by herself for the first time... and she fell asleep. It was great. I got to brush my teeth, wash my face, go to the bathroom and get dressed... with BOTH of my hands free!

Sydney's puzzles were getting too easy so we went to buy some more. Problem, they either had 24pc puzzles or 100pc puzzles. No in between! So we got the 100pc and I didn't have high hopes for it, however she LOVES the challenge. We are on day 3 and she is halfway done. She works on it during "quiet time" and after dinner.

Kelli loves the boppy (sometimes)

We stopped to eat on the way home from camp. Andy is in Dallas for a couple days, so no one to cook for, and I wasn't in the mood to cook. So Sydney and I shared some chicken breasts and apple sauce & potatoes and ham skillet together. She chowed more of it down than I did! Color me impressed. We've been having "dinner time issues" lately, where she whines and fusses over the meal if she doesn't get to CHOOSE what she eats. But we've put out foot down and she eats what we eat. She can choose her breakfast and lunch, but dinner is up to mom & dad ... PERIOD.

Kelli slept the whole time (off course) with a few funny faces, smiles and grunts. But overall, content. Even during Sister's immediate emergency run to the bathroom where I was reminded of how I never want to be a single mother... ever. Thank you Andy.


She was having a time trying to cut her chicken breasts, so I showed her how to use the knife. It worked, and she was proud of herself for being "proper".

1 comment:

  1. i love that you took a picture of her blow out. Awesome.
    Thats so something i would do.

    ReplyDelete