Monday, June 8, 2009

5 Day Old Stats


Kelli had her first pediatrician appointment this morning. Andy and I took her bright and early (7:30 am!) as they prefer to have babies come in before older, germ-infested kids arrive to the office. (I love our pediatrician).

Kelli has already gone over her birth weight, which is "not typical" for breastfed babies. She was born at 6.13 and at discharge she was 6.61... and now weighs 6.15 which means she has gained almost 9oz in...wait... 2 days??? WHOA! Guess my juice has got some serious ju-ju!

Everything else is perfect. She didn't have any jaundice or other problems. We talked about taking her out of the house, and Dr. Collins reaffirmed what we already thought, which is that its okay to take her out, just not to public places. I dont recall thinking about this with Sydney, but she was born in the winter and I just didnt want to take her out anyway.

Speaking of which... my eldest has had 2 eggs, 2 sausages, a cup of carrots, piece of banana bread and 1/2 a bowl of grapes for breakfast. Both my girls are hitting some kind of growth spurt!

No comments:

Post a Comment