Thursday, December 30, 2010

Back to the Grind

I'm still on school break so I'm taking turns with the girls. Sydney is still out of school this week so I'm taking Kelli into school and having a "Mom & Sydney" week and then next week when Syd goes back to school I'll take Kelli out of school and have a Kelli & Mom week. I've really missed having all this free time to do so many fun things with the girls! First day back to school for Kelli and she was stalling the best she could. Even on her way out the door she managed to find her new box of chalks from Santa. How can I say no? Look at this face!

Sydney wasn't too happy about Kelli drawing on her gingerbread man.

We dropped Kelli off and went to the book store (which Sydney still calls the library). They had a "stage" there so off course Sydney didn't do much reading with me. It wouldn't be like her to ignore the limelight for long. So she put on a "show" for the moms and kids there and acted out some scenes from Mary Poppins and sang songs.


We then went and got her first official beauty salon hair cut. (no more hair cuts ala Mom). She got layers and the whole nine! Watched Toy Story 2 while sucking on a lolly, had her head massaged and later braided, at the Princess Chair station of all places. Yeah, not much in comparison to how I cut her hair. I bet she'll miss that.





Icing on the cake. I had to run to HEB to get stuff for dinner. After a total meltdown in the car about this, we made up in the bathroom over her behavior and she explained I was her best gift from God and never to leave her, and that I was the best Mom in the world and she will stay with me forever. (so basically... I win).
At check-out she got a buddy-buck (free pass to play a game upon store exit)... and when she pushed the button- ding ding ding!!!! Instant winner!!!! She was so excited and waited patiently in line at customer service to see what her prize was (like Ralphie anxiously awaiting Little Orphan Annie's secret code... WHAT will Sydney win???). So finally it's her turn and after telling everyone in line "I'm an instant winner, see? I get to get a prize. That's my mom over there"... she hands the guy her sticker and he slaps two items down on the counter and explains that she gets to choose. Either a ~~~ drumroll everyone ~~~ pencil (unsharpened) or a plastic cup (empty).
Sydney could not have been more excited!!!!!!!!!!!!!
She chose the plastic cup (because she could PUT THINGS IN IT!)
This is the kid who asked for a trampoline for Christmas.
:::sigh:::

No comments:

Post a Comment