Thursday, December 30, 2010

Merry Christmas 2010!

Our annual treaty bake-off for Santa and some yummy extra treat for Jesus (since it's His birthday!). This is one of Sydney's favorite parts because she loves helping me in the kitchen. And I never can guess if it's because she really loves cooking and baking, or just testing out all the food.

Our first batch of gluten free little debbies.

I didn't know she had been dipping her fingers in the goods until I took this picture!

mixing up our second batch! Same photo from above but the other one won't upload.

Each one is her masterpiece. She spends so much time on each one, it takes foreverrrrr.

Finished products. Gluten free, 1/2 the sugar and cholesterol and icing made from coconut milk.

The girls played some Christmas music for me on my Grandmother's piano upstairs. Believe me when I say it was truly eloquent!

Kelli likes to sit next to Frosty. She also likes to take his pants off.
Our poor tree, too. Dead 2 weeks prior to Christmas and nothing we could do. We watered it everyday, trust me! Ornaments began falling off and it was so sad looking. Same thing happened last year. You heard me say it here! We're getting a fake next year. I can't deal with broken ornaments anymore, needles all over the place, dry scratchy branches skinning me when I try and water the stupid thing everyday (in vain). Giant, fake - beautiful- tree.

Setting out the goodies for Santa and the "rain-deer"

Opening up stockings. I didn't get a lot of photos because Andy used up all of my memory taking video. But Kelli really liked the stockings part. She couldn't understand why on THIS morning she just suddenly got a bunch of fun new toys, but she was diggin' it and had a big smile all day. Syd helped her open things up and they were pretty wiped out. Kelli even stayed cheerful when we went to my parents to open gifts and have dinner and even socialized with everyone there, which is almost unheard of. Christmas magic, I guess!

No comments:

Post a Comment