Thursday, December 30, 2010

October - December in Review!

A lot happened while I was overboard with my schedule at school and likewise Andy with work and travel. Juggling all this with the kids and all of Sydney's activities kept me away from blogging or other side things. I was pretty firm on my marathon training, so that took up my 'free' time.

Going backwards from December, I ran the Lights of Love 5k, which benefited one of my favorite charities Ronald McDonald House. Sydney and I go there about once a month to help out and donate wish list items.

It was not my best 5k times (27:45) but it was my first night race and a lot of fun. I got a wicked side stitch somewhere around mile 2 and had to really focus on running it out to the end.

Just 2 weeks before Christmas we took Sydney to Disneyland for her belated 5th birthday present. She was in Heaven with all of the princesses!

Our hotel had a great pool that was sand-bottom. So one day was nice enough to be out by the pool and play, and that was our 'relax' day from all the crowds and lines at Disney.

(re: the shirt) I've been doing this boot camp downtown which has really gotten me into the best shape of my life and is improving my runs/races dramatically. I enjoy the challenges, being fit and healthy and actually seeing muscle without flexing. I *feel* good, which is the best part and just enjoy going and love my trainer. It's a great group. Over the holiday we had contests to have our photo taken with out camp shirts in interesting places. (I had some taken with Mickey, too!)

We got some really good family photos (minus Kelli *sniff*) at Disney!


Sydney had a blast! But we definitely saw an attitude change in her during and after Disney. (possibly a side effect from everyone calling her "Princess") and us doting on her so much. She got a little spoiled (our fault) and we are now suffering a bit. Discipline in the works at the Eye Household.

When we've had the time, we really enjoy our neighbors (some of our best friends!) for dinner and game nights! We try and do this as much as possible because it's so uplifting and a good reminder of God's reason for bringing us here.

in early December Kelli wore her very first ever pigtails. And she rocked them like no other 18 month old. She is so cute!

Sydney performed her Advent Program at St. Gabriels and I almost couldn't make it but rushed over there (a 50 minute drive from my school) after a final exam to get there in time!!! She was so thrilled to see me there and sang at the top of her lungs!

This Little Light of Mine (Gavin, on the right, sang his heart out too, so adorable)

As you can see, she loves to sing. In fact, Sydney sings more than she talks.

Kelli is our curious little adventurer. She is very shy around strangers or new people, even family. Definitely a mama's girl. It takes her a while to warm up. Very unlike her big sister!

Sydney's Christmas list this year!

Our annual Budafest (small town festival) and as usual Syd made new friends and recruited them all to sit in her ride with her. Instead of just enjoying it, she talked the entire time.

She finished out another season of soccer, and did much better this time around but we can tell she is much more interested in dance/drama. She took art and drama camps at school and will continue those as well and we signed her up for dance in the Spring.

Aunty La showed up to Syd's 5th birthday as a surprise so it was neat to get my sisters, mom and me all in one photo together. That hasnt happened in years!

My big 5 year old!!!

Syd had a big turn out for her birthday party which was a little unexpected on my part. Glad I ordered all that food! She had such a blast! That isn't even 1/2 the kids who showed up. It was unbelievable.

Sydney was so stoked to see La. She spotted her first and screamed! haha

In other news, Kelli developed a new hobby. Collecting acorns.
I don't know.

Our little one gets sick a lot. She will likely have to have her adnoids removed because she doesn't drain properly and ends up with fevers and infection at least 1x a month or every other month. She is also seeing a gastroenterologist and we are testing her for Celiac Disease, like her mama. But before invasive tests, we're removing lactose to see if it helps.

I completed the San Antonio 1/2 Marathon in November. I was training for the full marathon but due to a kidney infection, toe injury and setbacks towards the end, I opted to do the 1/2. I'm glad I chose that route and tested the waters carefully. I'm now training to do the Chicago Marathon full in August '11.

Sydney is SO good with her little sister and never complains. I am so blessed with her! She adores her and Kelli really looks up to her. They are really cute together! My Syd is a very good helper.

Some of the things we really love about Austin are the little extras we get in recreation. We took the girls to the Palmer Fountains before it got too cold. They light up at night and they loved it! Kelli was a bit hesitant and suspicious of it all.

Walking along the trails consists of this!

Our Halloween was obviously.... magical! Alice was my favorite movie (cartoon) growing up and Syd really got into it. So that's what she wanted to be and we decided to do a theme.

I started a tradition of watching "The Worst Witch" (an 80's flick) with Syd and her friends each Halloween as that is what I did each year growing up. It brought back so many memories!
Hopefully that catches us up. More to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment