Saturday, January 8, 2011

Kelli Discovers Her Shadow

We had a Kelli & Mommy day! I only dropped her at school for a few hours so I could run a couple errands, then picked her up and we spent a good chunk of our day at Dick Nichols Park in SW Austin. One of my favorite parks.

I've taken both girls here plenty of times, but it was the first time with just Kelli & I so we got to focus on just her favorite things: throwing rocks, climbing UP the slide, and off course collecting acorns!!!

This place has no shortage on acorns.
You can imagine how long we were here.
Everywhere you turned! "a-cooon!"

There are about 121 billion here, but she really is picky about her acorns.


Her hands were getting full and we didn't have a bucket to keep them all in.
Naturally, Mommy's boot is the second best choice.
I mean, obviously. Right?
She thought so.

Um.

What the .... Mom this creepy thing keeps following me and doing what I do.

Hey! YOU! stop it!

Kelli, that's your shadow.
Leave me alone shadow!
(she was getting very angry at her shadow, and a bit freaked out)
I am so sad I didn't video this. But she began hitting it and yelling.
Eventually she just turned the other way as if thinking that as long as she cannot see it, it cannot see her.

we are now lining up the acorns and picking the winners.

These decisions take a while. I actually took like 400 pictures here.

On our way home we stopped at Baby Bugaloo. Sidewalk sale!!
I browsed while Kelli played "mommy". It was cute watching her pick up each baby and pat their backs, then set them down for the next one's turn.

Then we met up with Aunt Jenny at MeMaw & Papa's house for dinner.
as you can see, Kelli picked out a new hat.
(and looooooves it!)
My tiny munchkin has quite the favor towards accessories. She just loves shoes, hats and sunglasses. Hats are her favorite though.


Papa magic. They watched Diego while we looked at old photos of our ancestors and waited for the meatloaf to finish. Kelli stuffed her face with meatloaf and sweet potatoes! Then Jenny & Mom came over to my house to look at more ancestor photos and talk wedding stuff! I felt bad, as I nearly had to kick them out of the house by 10pm... I was falling asleep!

No comments:

Post a Comment