Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Zilker date with Kelli

Well for starters, it was SXSW week and parking was insane but we managed to find a secret spot. Secondly let me note that Kelli still doesn't 'do' well in strollers. Not sure why. She never really has, not even as a baby. She has to SEE you and doesn't like to sit in one for long. In fact, she's the same way in her high chair. (up...down. in...out. you get the idea) So we have to manage outings that may require strollers (like the mall or the hospital etc) with her pink bike (which has a handle that I can push). So I lugged this thing to Town Lake with us to feed the ducks and sure enough, Kelli saw all the runners and walkers and had to get out and run, too.

Hellooooo.... you coming Mom??
Man I felt like a big idiot pushing this bright flourescent pink bike (fully equipped with a visor shade... looked like a miniature golf cart) around the gravel paved trail with NO kid in it.

We had parked further from the "duck lagoon" than I had thought. It took us a long time to get there. Either that or it felt that way because Kelli made me pick her up and carry her several times. Then she'd want down so she could run. Then she'd want UP. Then she'd want back in her bike. Then out...

For some reason it is extremely hilarious when the ducks eat the cheerios. And I mean REALLY funny. Wish I had thought to get that on video. I think people downtown could hear her giggling.

She made the cutest "quack" noises too. Sounds more like "KAK! KAK!"


She threw so many cheerios in, they actually got full and swam away. At that point Kelli actually tried to jump IN the water and go after them. She doesn't understand that jumping in the water means drowning.

No comments:

Post a Comment