Tuesday, March 23, 2010

6th Anniversary Trip to Vegas

We got to our hotel at Planet Hollywood Towers, which was on the strip next to Paris and had the Miracle Mile shops and Prive nightclub inside. We got there around 3pm and met up with Keith and Brandy after checking in. We had thought we got the suite, but as it turns out all the rooms are called "suites", it just depends on what KIND of "suite" you get. So we got a tiny room and Keith & Brandy got this gigantic luxury penthouse on the top floor. Andy was bent out of shape about it and after much teasing, we hit the strip for dinner and a show.

This is the miracle mile shops (just one part of it, but this is coming out of our hotel lobby)

Our first show was Peep Show starring Holly Madison, which was coincidentally in the Planet Hollywood hotel. Brandy & I just wanted to see Holly Madison! The boys didn't argue, which I thought was weird. Could have sworn they had Chipendales in mind. The show was fun and we got seats right up front. I was a target and kept getting hit in the face with fur, flying props and giant teddy bears (don't ask).

We went inside Paris the next day to take a peek around.



They had this garden sculpture 'thing' on display and it smelled GOOD. I already have a sensitive sniffer, and kept thinking to myself I could live in here. It smelled so good. Everything was made out of flowers. It was really neat.



No one was picky about dinner so for safety (gluten free) we picked PF Chang's. I noticed this interesting horse statue next to us. This guy: please don't poop heart-shaped manure on me!

Walking to the MGM the next day everyone stopped to watch a magician. But I'm like hello... who cares about the magician, THERE IS YODA EVERYONE! hello? YODA?

Wait a second. I'm trippin'.
Are we in Las Vegas or New York.

Or Disneyland.
what happened.
where are we.


By the way, I didn't realize until we got there... this week was Spring Break AND March Madness. There were a lot guys walking around looking pretty rough. And by rough, I mean they could have easily looked over and seriously considered the fact that they got off at the wrong airport and freaked out.

The lions at the MGM were so cute!
(and by cute, I mean I didn't want to pet them)

I took this picture because... (I don't know why I took this picture)

I think she was trying to seduce her husband but he just kept sleeping. So she got her chew bone and hopped up top and played with that.

While the boys found a blackjack table, Brandy & I went to solve some crimes.
Because we're hardcore like that.
(lame! I was hoping it'd be a little more realistic or mind-challenging. I tried picking the hard one ~ bones found in the desert ~ but they pretty much gave you the answers along the way. Oh well, I thought it was kinda neat anyway)

I found Andy losing some dollars at Blackjack but the dealer, Nancy told me not to worry, my husband told her he "had a system"

Keith & Andy then known as Andrew "The System" & K-Woww

major system failure by the way.

Brandy & I checked out the lion gift shop while The System and K-Woww continued their gambling ventures and discovered.... the cutest things ON EARTH. For $200 you could cuddle them for 5 minutes. (I call that a dare)... I nearly spent $200 that day. (instead I went and spent $13/lb on M&Ms at M&M World for Sydney (got some good deals there).

Daddy woke up! Reminds me of the lead singer to Whitesnake for some reason.

We went to Cirque Du Soleil that night (amazing show!!!!)

Got yelled at "no lightning boxes!" when Brandy took this picture. Sheesh.

So I had to steal this picture from online. The stage was really cool, it moved, flipped upside down, sideways, interchanged etc. It wasn't like a circus show because it had a storyline, so it was a captivating show. I was hardly keeping my eyes open, sadly, but I really enjoyed it. It's so hard for me to change routines with Fibromyalgia but I was trying my hardest!

Took this picture for Sydney. M&M's falls under her top 5 favorite things on earth.

Sunday I spent a good amount of time at the Mandara Spa just heating my bones in the spa and getting a pedicure. I look like an old lady in this picture. Holy crap. But like I said, it's HARD to change my routine; I really suffer. I hope a little pampering and drinking lots of water helped prevent a week or two of hellish recovery.

This was inside the Miracle Mile shops in our hotel. I just walked around and window shopped, trying to find stuff for Mom & Dad, and the kids etc.

Outside of Paris Sunday night.

Taking a picture of Brandy taking pictures. Keith was getting annoyed and it reminded me of when I was little and my Mom would make my Dad pull over or wait so she could take pictures of everything (a neat colored tree, a bird, a funny sign etc) and all us kids would be like "ugggh". My sister Wendy reminded me of this recently, and I couldn't help but laugh with Brandy and I doing it the whole trip too. We are our Moms.


The light show in old town.

Very different atmosphere, but it brought back memories from when Auntie La took me down here for cheap buffets and suveniers!

Andy trying to find a restaurant on his iPhone.

Another picture of Brandy taking pictures!


We went all the way over there for cheaper betting tables etc but by this time I hadn't eaten all day and I was starving (and super sore... my fibro was creeping up but I didn't want to say anything or complain). We started walking everywhere (omg my feet!) to find a restaurant and got the impression Keith & Brandy didn't care where we ate but since it was our last night Andy & I wanted to do something special. Old Town is WAY different from the strip and there was this pause of awkwardness between the group. Finally we went our seperate ways after ways but it was funny how we spent so much time acting like none of us cared what we did when in fact we DID care haha!

We went to a restaurant in the Venetian then had dessert at Serendipity and watched the fountain show at the Mirage on the way back to the hotel.



It played to a Frank Sinatra song, which was awesome. Loved it!


Had a blast in Vegas, but stuff like this reminds me why I am SO happy to live in Austin!
We ROCK!

No comments:

Post a Comment