Sunday, February 20, 2011

Bridal Shower

I hosted my big sister's bridal shower on Saturday. Can you believe I got this cake at HEB?
I looked around at so many bakers but they were so expensive but our local grocer did it on a whim and for such a good price & it came out so good! Sydney picked the flowers. Jenny's favorite color: purple.


Wendy's gotta eat in style.


I was the designated champagne bottle opener.
(no I did not do my hair. I had tangled tresses all day)

Mom of the groom and mom of the bride!

To Jenny & Doug!

She did really good answering all the questions about Doug! Only got 3 wrong!

Making wedding gowns out of toilet paper. Kimberly won. She said "this is as close as I'll ever get to wearing an actual wedding gown, someone please take a picture!"

Sydney loves her "Aunt" Janet!

Me & the bride!! My biggest sis Jen!

All the sisters together!

We put together a video slide show of all the most embarrassing photos we could find of Jenny (mostly from the 80's) when Jen would have red hair and try and dress like Molly Ringwald. The backround music was all 80's hair bands and Wendy's husband put it together. It was hilarious. Went upstairs into my theater room and watched & everyone got a big kick out of it. Seriously, Jenny had some funny "fads".

1 comment:

  1. OK that is the coolest cake EVER. was it fondant on the outside? i couldnt tell. Totally wow'd by how great HEB is. amazing.

    Great pic of you and jenny towards the bottom of the post.

    The slideshow sounds fun. Ask him to make one of you too, i'd love to see that. lol!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete