Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Saying Goodbye to Uncle Fred

The last funeral I had been to was my best friend in 1996. I had avoided them ever since, but knew that being there for family and my mom, especially, was important. I was not particularily close to my uncle, but we shared a couple of good moments I'll charish. He was a very philosophical man who liked to investigate every possible path to each thought or idea, and took events in your life to open doors to these ideas and thoughts and would provoke you to do this. He was just a neat man. He was a Lutheran Pastor for most of his life but never lost his zest for life and need for adventure.

His son, John (my cousin) is also a Lutheran Pastor, and in fact was ordained by his father. Which made it all the more special that John do the sermon at his father's funeral. It was very touching and emotional.

Saying goodbye one last time.



Our whole family on the Stenfeld side (my mom's side).

No comments:

Post a Comment