Monday, September 26, 2011

1931 - 2011


On Sunday, September 25th at 7:51 am we lost our beloved Aunty La.
This was the last picture taken with all of the girls together. She surprised us by showing up to Sydney's 5th birthday party. I remember like it was just last week. How excited Sydney was for her to be there and for several moments, it was as if La was the only person there... forget the moonbounces, cake and 20 friends running around. Sydney was over the moon that La showed up. I'll never forget that. And in the back of my mind, I think La came because Wally advised her not to. Stubborn as she was, she'd fight through the discomfort and pain and do opposite of what anyone told her.
That is how she fought her cancer. Knowing she wouldn't win, but raging through the battle simply because others advised her not to.
Not enough words to express what this woman meant to me. Not enough time to talk about all of the memories I will cherish. I will just miss her "like the dickens".

No comments:

Post a Comment