Friday, September 23, 2011

It's back

I ran in Boston, and felt great. After 6 miles returning from 2 weeks on the bench, I had no problems. Even walked around the city that day and all day the next. We were on our feet all day at the ACL festival but the day after that I was given the green light to return to my higher miles and ran a 12. I felt good and even afterwards it was okay. Woke up the next morning and the entire left side was swollen and SORE.
I was ANGRY.

I elevated it and iced it. And immediately called the doc.
Had to get Sydney to school first, then Kelli to school.
The limped to the voodoo dr.

I got an adjustment and then accupuncture. Went back for a second dose the next day and am only allowed to swim, do yoga or bicycle.


After THIS sesson, my knee felt good!!!!!
But I still can't run for a week.
I was conditioning up to 2.5 hours, so let me tell you how interesting 2.5 hours of a bike or swimming laps is.....


_______________________.... that exciting.
But hot yoga rocked my world!!!

I will be #*@!ed if I don't do this marathon.

No comments:

Post a Comment