Friday, September 23, 2011

A Day in the Life of Kelli Eye


I love turning my phone on to see the pictures she colors me and saves in the photo albums. Did you do that when you were 2?

It's still in the upper 90's here, but obviously we favor the Fall. If it says "Boo" or "Give Thanks", we own it.

With Sydney being a big Kindergarten student, this gives Kelli and I plenty of Mommy-Monster days to play and do things that big sister would turn her nose to. One of our favorite spots is the Sculpture Garden @ Zilker. Clearly she was excited about being there!

New butterfly benches, added since the last time we visited. Big hit.

I am completely busted as the parent who lets her kid watch a good amount of tv when the 2yo can't go anywhere slightly adventurous without singing "Come on vam'os! Eehh-rybody less go! Come on less get to it, you know whoa we do it!"
As we walked through the gardens she kept clapping twice and repeating "where are we going" (clap clap) "to da gar-denz!" (repeat 20x)

Another big part of Kelli's life is tagging along to all of Sydney's extracurriculars and waiting *patiently* for Sissy to finish. And by patiently I mean screaming, crying, rolling on the floor, desperately moaning "Sissy!! sissssyyyy....here...sisssssy here!!!!"
Which is cute but tiring. On days that Sydney has choir or gymnastics, I actually dread those car rides because the storm is about to begin. Then I walk in the door with two hungry and tired children looking (and acting) like Medusa.

Kelli will only eat colored or variety cereals because the fun for her is categorizing the pieces and seperating them. Then eating them.
*disclaimer*
No, Mona. She is not autistic.

"Mommy less play park!"
I love our park time. It makes me reminisce about Sydney at this age. Watching that imagination come to life and seeing her little spirit light up when I play along and order a banana split. Made from wood chips.


We go for a lot of walks on town lake now, too. Especially since she tolerates the stroller (in fact she loves it! Only took 2 years). I took the B.O.B. in for a tune-up at the bike shop downtown and Kelli tested out some wheels.


peanut butter toast for breakfast.
It was my fault for leaving the jar on the table next to her.
Ewps.
soooo.... peanut butter for breakfast.

Have you figured out yet that we own every Hello Kitty t-shirt in size 2T?
None of us (even Kelli) have any idea who HK is, what her powers are, any special talents or why she is popular. Just a white face of a kitty that Kelli has really fancied. And it's an obsession.
I'll be honest though... it's SO hard to get angry with this little monster. Despite her saucy attitude and stubborn personality to contradict everything you say or do... she is SOOOOO dang cute!

When I took this picture, I realized how long her hair is getting.
Yet another park stop. She had sandals on and kept getting rocks in her shoe. She came over to me "Mommy my sue" (my shoe)
So I'd take them off and dumps all the rocks out and she turned around 2 minutes later saying something I couldn't make out. "nah-uh-gennnnn!" over and over. Finally I said "come here Kelli, what's wrong" and as she got closer I could understand "Not agaaaaaaainnnn!"
We dumped the rocks out 4 more times and then went barefoot.
It's Texas.

Hard knock life my little Kelli Belli.
Tonight I sat her in the crib and she leaned against the railings facing me, opened her little book to "read" and said "I yuh-yoo Mommy. Ni-night"
I could evaporate and float to Heaven now.

No comments:

Post a Comment