Monday, September 26, 2011

The Hardest Part

Later in the afternoon of Aunty La's passing, we had to leave the hospital and head over to her rehab facility and clean out her room. Sydney insisted she come with us because she was so upset for not being allowed to say goodbye. She was shaken up but I didn't want to inhibit her feelings and emotions about this. Cleaning up her room and going through her things hurt the most. Even the box of kleenex prompted a random memory.


We all shared stories about her and Wally talked about their past and early days. He is a mess. After we cleared everything out, and I had my bag containing her old dial radio, shawl and cross... it was just Jenny & I. We sat there forever trying to leave but it was hard knowing we'd never be back to visit. I stared at her empty bed and her walker leaning against the wall.

It hurts so bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment