Saturday, September 24, 2011

Sweetberry Farm 2011

First stop! The corn maze. Last year Sydney was not game for this, but she was a bit braver this time around. All I can say is... it was hot.


1/2 way through the maze, Kelli lost her enthusiasm.

So did Sydney.
(I never really had any)

But we marches on. Singing Dora.

and on. and on. and on.

Finally I cheated and handed them over the fence on the right and we walked back to our stroller. We mazed enough. They got the idea.

Same truck! Same photo.
Just slightly taller children.
*sniff*


A really nice lady took our picture.
Did I mention... it was hot?

They are both such good little photo subjects now!! Kelli gives the 'ol "cheese obvious" grin while Sydney throws a "blue steel" at the camera.

Kelli kept saying "awww!!! silly goat!! awww!"

This picture should be the one you get when you buy a picture frame at target.



Hayride. Kelli was impressed but trying to hide her nervousness.
What. No I'm cool. I'm totally as excited as Sissy about this hayride on a crickety metal trailer from 1925.

Made it to the flower "farm" and the girls picked about 783 flowers.
Incase I didn't mention... it was a little warm outside.
But I'm smiling!! I'm enthusiastic, proud Mommy!! yaayyyy you picked another flower!! good job! so pretty!! pick some more!!! yyyyaaaayyy!!!!! good job!

Kelli picked hokie flowers for Daddy. red & orange.



Time for the train ride!!! Had the whole thing to themselves. Picked the front seat. Kelli lasted 30 seconds. "nope. I no want it"
And because I didn't respond to her immediately: "NO!!! I. NO. WAAAAANT. IT!!!!!!"
Okay dude. Fine... get out. Jeez.

So Sydney slid to the back because that's where big kids go.

Hayride back to the other side of the farm. Kelli didn't hide her feelings this time.

Farmer Syd!

She decided to make a scarecrow. Best $15 ever. That was fun.

"His name is Daddy. Just like Daddy"

This is so sad. They pretended it was Daddy and gave him a hug. Seriously, he's only been gone for 5 days.

Oh man she did NOT like the fact that she couldn't lift it. "Help meeeeeee!!!!"

Is that all? Or should we find more. Maybe even BIGGER pumpkins? Maybe the expensive ones over there not sitting in shade. Let's go browse those for 20 minutes!!!! yaaaayy.

Kelli and Sydney took turns on this. It was a moment I had to capture.
"Sissy turn!!!"
"Okay Kelli. It's YOUR turn"
"okaaay! now Sissy turn!"
Santa heard that.


No comments:

Post a Comment