Thursday, July 9, 2009

Pool Playdate, Spaghetti, Exercise & Guilt Cupcakes

I hosted a playdate at our pool and despite it being 105* and HUMID outside, we all had a really good time. I still cannot get into the pool, yet, and neither can Kelli, so we were more of the spectators while everyone else cooled off! Bleh... it was hot. But fun!

Kelli mostly slept and I rubbed a wet wash cloth over her face and legs now and then.

After naps all around... Sydney and I made spaghetti and she served us up. It was fun, but a little lonely without Daddy there.

After spaghetti we went to do our exercise.... me speed walk and Sydney ride her bike. I HAVE to speed walk, however, if I want to keep up with her. This is my favorite outfit on her... sporty but still girly and she looks really adorable in it.

We made it to the "happy forest"! Which is Sydney's name for the trails behind our neighborhood. She was scared of it for a long time bc it seemed dark and eerie, so we named it the HAPPY forest to remove that stigma.

She heard "Bolt" barking like a mad canine, and "zoomed" home really fast. I could hardly keep up. But I was sooooooo ready for a giant glass of water!

She was sooooo patient and good that I promised her we'd bake cupcakes. She really enjoys baking more than she does eating them! It was fun. I went up to change Kelli and came back downstairs to see chocolate all over her face. I asked if she got into the frosting and she said "how you know that?" and I explained the evidence was all over her face and she goes "oh. i didn't know that. im sorry Mom. I snuck the chocolate".
mmm-hm.

Kelli had two "firsts" this evening!
1. she got very interested in a few of her toys and this one in particular she wiggled around to alot, then finally got a HUGE smile on her face. I think we found a favorite toy! I wish I had captured the smile. It was perfect.
2. she talked to me for the firs time!! I picked her up and held her up to me and gave her my usual "hiiii!! how are you Kelli Harper? Hello!" and smiled... to which her face lit up and she said "ung-ooooh-ah". it. was. awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment