Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Georgetown

We made a quickie drive to Georgetown yesterday to kill a couple hours.

We're going to take the train into the city on Thursday (Sydney cannot WAIT) so we'll actually get out and walk around then.

I saw this and quickly remembered one of the very first times Andy planted a smoocher on me! He took me down to Georgetown for some sight-seeing/shopping when we first met and I was new to DC, and we ended up at this museum, walked around and in the garden in the back we had a "awww" moment. I told Sydney as I pointed out the window that Daddy gave Mommy a smoocher for the first time there and she said "that's where you got in love!"


Okay a big mistake. A beautiful mistake, but a mistake. Ended up on the George Washington Parkway (which has NO exits or turn-arounds)... so we ended up driving all the way into Virginia and dumped on the beltway. Ugh. At 2:00pm behind a traffic accident. Took us an hour to get back to the hotel and Kelli was crying the whole time.

But I got one good picture!

No comments:

Post a Comment