Sunday, October 4, 2009

Oink Oink! I got the pig flu.

Unfortunately, none of this is actually helping me. I have some improvement from the pain killers and cough drops but not much. Still in alot of pain. I have a GREAT family however, so I think I'll survive. Andy campaigned for me at the hospital, bc the doctors were on the fence for whether I "qualified" for the anti viral meds "according to the CDC". He went after them with my autoimmune disease (Celiac) and finally convinced them. I am really lucky!! Without those meds, it would take me a LONG time to get over this.

We're being very careful at home. Sydney has asthma so I do NOT want her to really even be near me, and for the most part she hasn't and she has been very understanding. After we got home from the hospital last night she stayed in our room but I checked on her and she began crying and choking up while she said "Mommy, I really want you to get better because I love you and I want to hug you and I don't want you to be sick anymore". It was SO sad. I told her we could hug, just not alot and we had to wash hands alot and I had to have the mask on. etc. She said she was scared I wouldn't come back. She is such a deep thinker and has had alot of tough questions for us lately, it's been hard. And this emergency trip to the ER last night had to have been very tough and scary for her. I was choking and couldn't breathe and Andy was terrified and had to have Sydney watch over Kelli until a neighbor or my Mother arrived. Off course Sydney knew something was terribly wrong. I feel so bad for her.

Off course everything is under control now and I'm breathing alot easier. My chest tightens up when the pain meds wear off, so I'm hoping I don't have to depend on these too long. My mom has been over and has been very helpful, and Andy is doting on me and the kids too. Sydney keeps talking about going to get ice cream, so I guess Andy promised her a trip to the Soda Shop for being such a good girl. For now we are all just washing hands and wearing masks until this thing passes and for now I am the only one who's got it. Please pray that my little ones continue to go uneffected!! Andy leaves for business in Vegas tomorrow!! God help me!

No comments:

Post a Comment