Monday, October 5, 2009

Poor Kelli!

I tried so hard. We all tried so hard to keep clean hands, wear the masks and avoid spreading germs. But Kelli got the H1N1, too. Her fever kept spiking, she is having diarrhea, and keeps coughing. Same symptoms as me. It's hard for me to tell if she's in pain, so I gave in and administered some tylenol. I am beginning to feel better now after day #2 on Tamiflu, so I sent Sydney to stay the night with my parents because I want her as far away as possible. She has asthma and my mother is diabetic, therefore they are both on the very high risk list for H1N1. In fact, I called my mother's doctor all day trying to get him to call in a Prx for tamiflu for her and he finally did at the end of the day, so hopefully my mother is starting that tonight. I've got little Kelli on the nebulizer every 3 hours and in between I run a very hot shower and let her sit in the bathroom to help clear her chest a little... and she actually likes that and sits and talks to me and sings. Other than her fever, nasty diapers, and coughing... she is eating normally and her average, smiley self. I hope that tomorrow she is better, not worse.
Go away pig flu!

No comments:

Post a Comment