Monday, August 9, 2010

Girls day out @ Lake Travis

My sisters Jenny & Wendy & I have been planning to get together and have a girls day out for a while so we finally picked a day that worked for all of us and took a boat out on Lake Travis. Mom & Dad watched Kelli and Syd so I could go since Andy is out of town again. I don't know the last time I've actually been out with the girls or my sisters, it's been a while. I usually use up all me "me time" or time "away" for my runs or working out, so it was nice to socialize and relax. I brought stuff for mimosas and was going to try wakeboarding for the first time, but as it turns out I was having too much fun just RELAXING!!! Had a little snafu dropping the anchor, though, and it's now somewhere in the bottom of the lake. Wendy's fault.

We got there early, so it wasn't too hot or humid and the lake wasn't very crowded.

Right around here Wendy & I are debating whether this stick was actually a snake. I'll swim in lake water but a lot goes through my mind. If anything glides passed me, touched me or bubbles near me... my heart beats a little faster. Sometimes it can cause me to run on water, screaming.

No comments:

Post a Comment