Friday, August 13, 2010

Wildlife Ranch with the girls!

Been trying to get more 'field trips' with the girls before I go back to school, hence the fountains and sno-cones and wildlife park etc. I'd rather do less errands and more fun stuff with the three of us together, so that's been my goal the last 4 weeks. We've had fun! Kelli is digging her new favorite snack (above): apples. She also has a favorite book: Dr. Suess, The Foot Book... to which the other day she handed it to me to read her and clear-as-day said to me "fut-but", which I'm assuming means "foot book" because that is what we've always called it. She has done it a few times now... each time we pick it up "fut but"

We got to the Wildlife Ranch and kids are allowed to feed the animals from the car as you go 5mph through the park, so I let them out of their seats. Kelli had no idea what to do here. She was a bit timid at first. Then she warmed up with all the squealing and dancing as soon as she saw animals!



I got video of all the squeals, pointing and dancing.




Look at this Mona-Junior!


Then she decided she was going to try her hand at driving.


I love how she's looking at me here! Affection is rare with Kelli!!

Ostrich!!!


Sydney does not like ostriches!!!!

Loved feeding the zebras!

Kelli's first one-on-one with goats... she was getting frustrated and kept "shooing" them away, then finally I showed her that we can pet and touch them... and she got interested. Especially with the words "soft" and "nice"

Her new peeps.

Sydney's favorite are the babies.

These babies were play fighting, it was adorable!!!


10 minutes into my drive home...

zonked!

love those girls!

2 comments:

  1. Those girls are so adorable and the wildlife ranch is such a great idea. I can only imagine the jumping and dancing Kelli was doing at that window. Awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love the affection one from kelli.

    ReplyDelete