Sunday, August 8, 2010

Ronald McDonald House


After my 6 mile run on Saturday morning, I went home and showered then took Sydney to Costco. We picked up some things from the RMH wish list for our "Mommy & Daughter Day" and took them up to the Ronald McDonald House. I explained to her what this charity does and what our donation would mean to the families. We got a lot of laundry detergent, to-go boxes for the kitchen and to-go snacks as well. We went and dropped everything off and Sydney really enjoyed talking to everyone and seeing how it all worked there. We then drove by the hospital and she said she wished she could go in there and play with the kids before God puts them to sleep. That made me sad. I explained the doctors were taking good care of them.

1 comment:

  1. you are so awesome. What a great idea. I have made quilts for the childrens hospital before, and brought by books, but taking 'supplies' is a great idea. Youre such a good person. :)

    ReplyDelete