Tuesday, January 5, 2010

First week of 2010....ish

Andy and I tried to start it off with a date. We headed downtown to Louie's 106 (meh it wasn't awesome) then tried to see some live music. It was great to get out of the house without the kids, dress up a little, have some drinks and hang out in the city. But we were both doing alot of yawning. Lasted until 11pm. I think we're both burned out from the holidays. I know *I* was. Sydney was cute, though. As we were leaving the house, she announced to my Mom "they're going on a date because they have on their date clothes!"

Sunday Kelli was feeling under the weather so we all bunkered down. I did laundry and Sydney literally stayed in her pajamas all day. Then we did some leftover winter crafts together.

I think this looks so cute. She's so petite, and the back of her sitting up and playing with her toys just looks so adorable. Like a little dolly.

Sydney & Kelli took a bath together (Kelli will NOT sit in any restraints whatsoever but she's a sturdy sitter). It was really cute until Sydney didn't want Kelli reaching towards her pony. No more baths together!! It was an accident and to be fair to Sydney, she WAS sharing her purple pony with Kelli, but Kelli wants to know whatever is in HER hand... which Sydney doesn't appreciate when she JUST SHARED!! Like, get a clue Kelli! (not) Slipper when wet... Kelli went down and Mommy had a heart attack and Sydney went to bed early with an assignment: drawing 5 reasons you love your sister.

Monday I hosted the science playdate. Sydney was up against all boys and babies! Lucas got into the magnets for a little bit.

Sydney tried so hard to get the boys (Saylor, Lucas & Mikey) into the microscope....

But helllloooooo..... light sabers?


Carley & Kelli (3 weeks apart) got busy on the floor with their vibrating strawberries. Kelli almost attacked Carley when she saw her playing with her strawberry (bc Kelli has the same one). She recognized it right away and took it right out of her hands. The 8mo and 7mo began a cute little baby fight. Nothing violent, but there was a tug-o-war and Carley was definitely trying to show her what belongs to her stays hers. So I quickly ran to dig out Kelli's strawberry and suddenly everyone was happy.... until Kelli tried to take Carley's strawberry again.
Ugh. Drama.

I can't tell if they are smiling at eachother or thinking "bitch. my strawberry". I. Love. Babies.

Man. I made pizza rolls!! PIZZA ROLLS!! And these kids were like... ummm where are the organic strawberries, hummus and bunny crackers? hello? So I whipped out all the dips and the chips were OKAAAAAAAY for them. What child doesn't like pizza rolls? I love hippie kids!

This one suddenly hates anything green. Got my hopes up thinking ONE of my kids would like more veggies than carrots and broccoli. I'm afraid to try green beans or peas again (even though I know you're supposed to keep trying) because it just ends up all over ME.


She is BY FAR 100x messier than Sydney ever was!!! Sydney, I think, just didn't want ANY food to miss her mouth. She was always hungry and completely stingy. EVERYTHING went in her mouth and was eaten, and when we got to the bottom of the jar she cried and wanted to hold it and lick it. (haha... oh I want to go back just for ONE day and visit those memories!!! so hilarious). Kelli, on the other hand, HAS to hold the spoon herself, plays with everything, spits 1/2 of the food out before chewing/swallowing. It ends up EVERYWHERE.

No comments:

Post a Comment