Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Snow Day in Tahoe

We had a lazy morning at first and J9 made "princess pancakes" with Sydney, who was DELIGHTED to help.

Princess pancakes just turned into J9 showing off.

Kelli found toys.

Jeannine made me a flower pancake, check that out. Totally loves me.

This is what they call the "car festival". When Aidan gets out all of his cars and begins playing "beep beeps" all over the floor.


While they finished making pancakes, I played with Aidan

Zoom!

Ohhhhh Aaron.

We didn't get to Tahoe until around 3:45pm! It's only 2 hours away but it took a while to get all of the kids ready, adults showered and ready, van loaded, stop for lunch, bathroom breaks etc.


Man!! Sydney was SOOOOOOO excited about the snow. Unbelievably excited.

So was Kelli! So excited she crapped her pants!

AFTER I bundled her up in 5 layers of snow suit. So I had to take her into the van and UNcover her and wrestle her around the floor to clean her up. Then RE-cover her up in layers.

Happy again.



Refusing to take a picture with me because I'm interfering with snow play.

"Okay. Ready. Set. SMILE. okay. go play"

Then it was the Stephens turn to take a family photo and Sydney had NO problem jumping in to pose for them. What the? Nice.

Snowball fight!!!



Aidan just ate the snow the entire time. He loves to chew ice, so this was like a dream come true for him! A bountiful serving of ice and he could just help himself! I got him to look at the camera by saying "Look Aidan! A truck!"

Building a fort/cave/igloo, whatever.

Figuring out that it's a little cold in that igloo!




On the way home I set up my iPhone to play Mater Ghostlight (googled it on youtube) and let Aidan watch it a few times. He was in HEAVEN. The girls hogged the movie player on all the car trips, so he was happy to enjoy a little movie time as well. I was happy to entertain him.... contrary to all the other loud, crazy noises he'd make to entertain himself LOL!!!! (I had a migraine)

No comments:

Post a Comment