Thursday, January 14, 2010

Saying Goodbyes

Sydney was really excited to be at the airport (she loves airports, buses, and planes) that she didn't truly comprehend the fact that we were LEAVING.

So "goodbye" wasn't really on her radar very much. Lindsay & Aidan tried to say goodbye and give hugs but she was in her own world. When we got on the bus and began to drive away she got all upset and said "but my friends are leaving!" and I said "No. WE are leaving. I told you we had to say goodbye" and she started crying. Ugh. She cheered up again once we got off the bus and began high-fiving everyone.

Our trip back to Texas was MUCH easier than the trip into California (as you can see). The leg into San Diego we had the last row and a "large" (heavy set, to put it nicely) woman was given the seat next to us. I believe she DID pay for two seats, because they came to my row and literally removed the seat next to me, and installed a seat without an arm in it (never consulted me!) and her leg was halfway into MY seat the entire 3 hours! And I couldn't bend over to get into the diaper bag the entire time (no bottles, toys, nada! it was a nightmare). This time, we had our own row on both legs into Texas and both girls slept. AAAhhhh. Still a bit uncomfortable for ME, but whatever. They were quiet.

We had to switch planes in San Diego, but Kelli slept again once we got onto the new plane and so did Sydney. It is NO fun task traveling alone with a toddler and a baby, but I think I got the system down. Pack only necessities!

No comments:

Post a Comment