Saturday, April 30, 2011

Aunty La


She's battling stage 4 cancer right now. And I'm not so sure what kind of fight she's really putting up regarding all of this, or how much she's just thrown her hands in the air about it. I know this was all a bit of a shock to her, yet she has said many times she's "ready to go home to Jesus". She's 80, so according to her thats good enough, but in my mind, I always visualized her living to 100. Or forever.
Her quality of life has gone downhill the last 4 years so our relationship hasn't been the same as it always was my entire life. She's been a second mother to me. We have always been very connected in a special way and I leached on to her because I got more from her than I did anyone else; which was patience. I think she was the only person who COULD deal with me and more importantly, wanted to.
Her doctors give her about 6 months to live if she does not go through treatments but if she is strong and can be vigilant and willing, she can make it up to 1-2 years. This is all up to her, but my fear is that she won't see the worth in that. She never has put much value on herself or her needs, and has always been a "cup 1/2 empty" kind of person. I'm afraid this will haunt us all while we pray for her treatment in this. I can only just pray for peaceful serenity and a good quality of life during her remaining times with us.

No comments:

Post a Comment