Wednesday, April 6, 2011

I Earned My Black Belt in Parenting

I'm feeling pretty cocky (no others words could describe) so just be warned. Something magical happened today. After losing her promised snack privilege due to a minor tantrum at the gym (throwing the membership card on the ground and stomping her feet) she tried once again after I picked her and Kelli up from KidsKlub to get a snack. I reminded her why she couldnt have one and she said... (get ready for this) she said, "you're right Mom. I'm sorry."

Doesn't stop there!

She did not ask again for the snack! She accepted her punishment and we buckled up. While driving she said "Mom? if I behave good next time at the gym, can I get a snack?"

Listen. I set a goal to hear those words sometime between her graduation from college and wedding day.

She's 5.

So ask me anything.
Anything about parenting.
Because apparently I'm pretty much a genius.
Guru, if you will.


Oh. AND!
As I was taking Kelli up to bed tonight I told her "tell your sister ni-night" and Kelli leaned over the railing of the stairs and said "ni-night sissy. luh-yoo" and Sydney looked up from her cup of milk and said "g'night Kelli. love you too".

so yeah.
ask me anything you want.

1 comment:

  1. You are awesome! Hold on to that feeling... you'll need it for later. Trust me. <3

    ReplyDelete