Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Friday was FULL of fun!

Blue Steel.

Sydney gives us her best pose at Kerbey Lane over breakfast.
We stopped for a girls dine-in after Kelli's gymnastics.

Don't bother her.

Afterwards my free spirit danced off some energy while I made 100 wishes up to Heaven that she would stop growing.

Then these two decided to pick me a bouquet of weeds.
Which is really awesome for Sydney's seasonal allergies.

We ventured on to St. Gabriel's for a parent-teacher conference with Sydney's pre-k teachers. It went well (nothing I was not expecting! she's creative, smart.... and automatically excited/emotional). Afterwards, she showed Kelli & I to the chapel and gave her little sister some rosary beads. I was raised Lutheran and so I let Sydney feel special to teach me new things. It beefed up her pride a little. She showed Kelli to the "box where Jesus hides sometimes" and explained "so we come and pray to Him here".

After our stop at Sydney's school, I promised the girls a trip to the zoo.
Poor Kelli was zonked out upon arrival. It was difficult to wake her up.

I asked Sydney to apply some sunscreen.
She did.

Among (1) Chuck E Cheese, (2) crabs, (3) Queen of Hearts, (4) geese and (5) ostriches... you can now add peacocks to the list of things that literally TERRIFY Sydney.
Literally.
Sydney will play with snakes... but a peacock cannot walk within 10 yards of her.
Took a good 5-7 minutes to diffuse those crying jitters and move her on to the monkey exhibit.

We got there just in time to watch them eat!! That was adorable. Especially watching Kelli giggle each time a monkey grabbed something with its hand and stuff it in its mouth making munch-munch noises. She really got a kick out of that and kept saying "ooh-ooh-aah-ah num nums!!!"

The very exciting and riveting.... turtle exhibit.

I told Sydney that turtles can live over 100 years old because they eat so many vegetables.
Mommy-0
Sydney -1
She doesn't want to live that long because she wants to see Heaven and Jesus someday.

This got Kelli REAL fired up! Jumping up and down. RAWR! squealing and pointing.
I think she likes tigers.

The stinky baby exhibit.

Rawr!

Again.
Kelli nearly exploded with all sorts of sounds and excitement.

But Sydney wanted to see the pig.
(no photographic evidence, but that pig was HUGE. easily the same size as that lion. don't call me a liar. )

Now she's in her element.

Kelli's first time feeding animals.
Sydney said "Here Kelli. Hold out your hand and establish trust"
(someone please tell me where my child GETS THIS STUFF????)

Again. Peacocks = evil
Reptiles = "God's creatures" ??? Huh? That's what she said.
And as you can see, dirt and dust is now collecting and sticking to her legs and face where she smeared an entire tub of sunscreen. (awesome)

God's creature my ___.

Ending our day by washing to zoo off our heinies!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment