Sunday, April 24, 2011

Gi Appt, Andy's Birthday

Kelli had a follow up with her GI doctor at Dell Children's Hospital. We are still looking for answers regarding all of her intestinal and digestive issues. The doctor is concerned about her distended belly and with my history/diagnosis of Celiac Disease, he's leaning towards the likelihood of Kelli having this as well, but she's so young for all the testing to come out accurate. But in order to prevent her any further suffering, we're going ahead with the upper endoscope next Friday April 29th. In the meantime she has to be on a high-gluten diet and that's been difficult just in the last few days as I can tell how hard that is on her. She's up all night in pain, her belly is huge all day and she's back to having problems with digesting and bowel movements. This poor kid. She's so afraid to eat, too, and hardly picks a thing. But when she gets desperate she'll scarf down a big snack.

I took them to the gym Friday and they had a blast at KidsKlub while I did a run and some free weights. Normally Kelli cannot be there more than 45 minutes but I got almost an hour and 45 minutes in of working out!

My gift to Andy for his birthday! It's to hang at the lake house. Haha!!! I cracked up when the artist sent me the rough draft. How can you NOT buy it?


Andy had a piece of cake before Sydney got to sing happy birthday, she wasn't happy about that so we lit the candles again and she sang to him the next day.


On Saturday we made Easter "cancakes"!!

My little chef takes baking very seriously.

No comments:

Post a Comment