Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Lake House Weekend

It was our first weekend out at the lake with all the furniture there etc.
We had my parents and the Eckerlings out for an afternoon to relax and take in some sun.

Kelli & Lily did some fishing.

Looks like they caught a diverse arrangement of fish!

Front porch hangin'

I putzed forever getting the beds and house ready for whatever and finally sat down to relax.
Kristina stole my M&M that Sydney gave me.
Would like to point that out.
Because I don't hold grudges.
But I want to point that out.


The next morning was great. The lake is always very calm like glass and we had a good breeze going. I got a few sips of coffee before being attacked. Those moments were worth it.

He gets to continue sipping...

Bam.
Like moths to a light every time they see Mommy drinking coffee.

You can't convince me enough to "swim" (like... for fun or leisure) in lake water. It's pretty enough and great to hang out around and boat on. But to swim IN. No thanks. Have fun you guys!

Sweetberry Farms is up the road and finally opened after the late winter freeze we had! We got a lot of berries even though Kelli didn't "let" us stay long.

Then on to our favorite park in downtoan Marble Falls!

Back 'home' the girls passed the time away by throwing toys off the top bunk.
What else would you do? Obviously, if I were 2 and 5 yo that is what I'd do.
Oh yeah. That *is* what I used to do!

I made fresh, gluten free strawberry muffins from our berries we picked at the farm. They were all gone within 18 hours.

Sydney approved of the muffins so much she wrote me a love note.


Back home (our 'real home) I decided to take a shower while the girls were snacking and watching a show. Apparently Sydney led Kelli into the bathroom and they both de-robed themselves and got IN with me. All three of us in the shower together. Not the nice hot shower I had planned for myself, but fun nonetheless... and we all ended up clean as a result. Success.

No comments:

Post a Comment