Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Cooking from the garden!

decided that with my diet being this "whole approach" I have to incorporate as many varieties of foods as possible so I know I'm getting all the nutrients I need. So for lunch, I decided to whip up a batch of cabbage (purple and green) and mixed in some broccoli florettes, green onions, purple asparagus, and garlic. I sauteed it all in coconut oil and then let it simmer for a bit. Turned out SO good!

Kinda looks like a mardi gras meal? Maybe I'll call it that. I threw in some herbs from my garden, too and it added the perfect flavors. I decided I needed some extra protien and diced up some turkey for the top. Satisfied me for a couple hours. I still want some potato chips though.

Thinking HEALTH... thinking no more migraines... thinking I will sleep better, have more energy.

Oh, and since being gluten free for two weeks Sydney's asthma and coughing has completely disappeared. It was almost INSTANT, as well. No longer up at night (all night) coughing and she hasn't had any "bowel issues" either. Don't know about everyone else, but so far gluten seems to have a tremendous effect on our family!

2 comments:

  1. i never even heard of purple asparagus! neat!
    we have such a great garden this year. Tomatoes of course and strawberries, but also blueberries, apricots, apples i hope, cherries, pears, and then the kids wanted to grow pumpkins, watermelon and cantaloupe. And corn. And snap peas. And i have cilanro, chives and basil. I dont know if any of the big melons or corn will grow but they have fun seeing the seeds sprout. I also planted broccoli and beets but have no idea if they will work. I love growing my own stuff. If i had a bigger yard i would have even more. and maybe chickens. No cabbage though. Too gassy LMAO.

    ReplyDelete
  2. YUMMY!!! I've got some really great herbs going. Lemon basil and pineapple mint! Cant wait to use it! off course all the others like cilantro, chives etc.

    ReplyDelete