Monday, April 18, 2011

Explain


My husband did not only hesitate, he flat out refused to entertain the idea of me doing a NYPD ride along while we were in New York City. His reasons were not given in detail but he eluded to the fact that my participation in such an event would compromise the structure of our family (meaning; Mom could die. Dad would be left with all the duties. Family falls apart. The End).

I'm no stranger to the ride-along. I've done these 'operations' before and I find it very interesting to see how departments work in different cities. I have a loving interest of law enforcement! And it helps that I'm a Criminal Justice major, also studying forensic psychology. (relative?)... It's not like I was a Music Major at ASU and just happen to be a rush junkie... though, I think that'd be okay too!

I vowed to make this happen upon our return to NYC this summer.

Regardless.

Here's my point; or is this a point? Maybe a question. It is a question.
Why is that so risky for me to do, or more questionable and more "up for discussion" and easier to sideline, then it is for my husband to just up and decide to JUMP OUT OF AN AIRPLANE????????

oh, for, we don't know... the hell of it.
Because he, and a bunch of execs from the management team, want to demonstrate "risk".



discuss.

No comments:

Post a Comment