Saturday, December 3, 2011

Monumental Day for Sydney!

Fill a tub with water and bubbles and what do you get?
Two little girls conspiring against their mother.
It's easy for me to get even though... all I have to do is wash their hair.


Sydney is running the Lights of Love Kids K!  Normally she gets very nervous in competitive things, but this time she was pumped up and very excited.

 It was next to a duck pond!


About to start!  Right about here is when Sydney began to cry.  She was nervous that she'd run but then get lost, and didn't want to take off.  I felt bad, I bet that was a scary thought.  I assured her that she could run as fast and hard as she wanted and Kelli and I would ALWAYS be able to see her.

I love taking photos of the start lines.  This is my favorite so far!
Sydney did great.  Her time was 5:09 and she got a medal.  It was SO fun watching her go through some of the same emotions I go through in my races.

And as if it couldn't have been a 'bigger' day, we got home and I pulled her tooth out!
Will someone PLEASE stop time here?  It is not possible I have a SIX year old who runs races and loses teeth and hosts fundraisers.  She was JUST a baby. Like ... yesterday or something.

Her "baby" tooth.

Writing the tooth fairy a note.  It says: To the tooth faire.  Frum Sydney. My tooth.

At least she still believes in Santa.
*sniff*

No comments:

Post a Comment