Saturday, December 3, 2011

Little November Catch-up

Kelli is now sleeping in her big girl bed, but because we haven't taken down the crib, once in a while she likes to go back to her old comfort zone and chooses to sleep in her crib.  She wakes up in the middle of the night more now, but overall I am happily surprised by how well it's going.  I've caught her sneaking downstairs and take food up to her bed in the middle of the night... like father like daughter!

We did a little early Christmas shopping and got Grandma a new coat and purse... Kelli loves hats so she tried them all on.

M&D came to church with us one Sunday and we crashed the brunch buffet at Iron Cactus afterwards.  The girls loved it- especially Sydney who discovered you can put whipped cream, chocolate chips and syrup on your waffles.  #thankyouironcactus

Taking a nice photo of my husband with me, and per usual... the photo bomb.

Kelli has gotten into music lately and instead of playing her ACTUAL music instruments, she creates... well... a mess.  Whatever.

This is worth mentioning here.  All excited about a lunch date with my girlfriends and I show up with one dressed like a PTA President from Hell.   She tried to say it was her mom's sweater and she "had to" wear it because it was cold and all their winter stuff was still in storage.  But really?  She has a matching turtle neck underneath it.  Nice try Christina.

:::sigh:::
Buddy Bucks.
Where do I start?  This is basically our grocer's sneaky way of teaching children how to gamble... and to LOVE it.  Each time you check out at HEB (for those of you from out of town... HEB is our main grocery store here in Texas) the cashier hands the kids a few pretend dollar bills.  They proceed to a machine where you slide the dollar bill into and a wheel spins (like wheel of fortune) so you hit the button for it to stop and whatever number it lands on, is how many points you get.  The goal is collect "X" points in order to get a prize.  Once in a while Sydney gets "instant winner" and its one of those moments where the entire store stops what they're doing, turns to Sydney and all begin clapping insync as she walks to customer service with flashes going off in her face as paparazzi captures the moment.  Once there the crown is placed on her head and she waves to the crowd.
THAT is how amazing "instant winner" is.
And she gets a free pencil.


This is my kid who refuses to potty train.  Before she turned two, she was in tune to the potty idea and loved sitting on it.  Even peed in it a few times... proudly.  But out of nowhere she just decides the toilet is a scary thing.  She will go and get her own diaper and lay down for you yelling "change diaper! change diaper!" but if you mention potty, she has a full on tantrum.  So this is what she does when she craps her pants.  Gives you a diaper, lays down... and covers her eyes.
She's afraid of her own poop.


Sooo.
Yeah... diving into soccer season after my marathon didn't go the way I PLANNED it to.  Unfortunately I had a stress fracture on the right foot from the marathon and just thought it was a tight or sore ligament or something; naturally I proceed to play two soccer games (and my right foot is the kicking foot).  By the second game I realized maybe I tore something?  And taped it up.  it was painful to run but I wanted to finish out the game, since we were down 3 players.  I was the only forward so each time I got the ball I literally had 3 players on me.  By the second half I was getting frustrated and played more aggressively.  And well... that earned me a broken wrist.  Had to drive myself to the ER and my parents picked me up.  Andy & Sydney were on the lake sailing. Gooooooood stuff.

It sucks.

On a bright note... my "at home nurse" takes very good care of me.

No comments:

Post a Comment