Saturday, February 13, 2010

Viral Invasion (again)


This was a tough week, I had a test and spent a lot of time at the coffee shop studying while my kid was at home getting sick. Talk about Mom-Guilt!!!!
By the time I got home from my test on Thursday ( got a B+... not impressed with myself)... Sydney needed a heating pad! A 4 year needed a heating pad because her muscles hurt so bad. She had been complaining about a headache for a few days but that went on and off. Now her fever was 103.3
I decided not to give her anything to treat it, because if this was viral, her fever was the ONLY defense she had (raising the body temperature helps the body fight off viral invaders)... so I let it go, as there is no medication to 'cure' viruses anyway. I emailed her doctor.

Kelli was being her spunky self. Turning my home into the picture of Katrina aftermath.

On my way home I got something I knew would make Sydney's day.
And it did.
I wonder WHY kids love balloons so much.
Think about it. Why are balloons so cool?
It's like if I got excited over ceiling fans.

I let her bring her little Dora fold-out couch downstairs and sleep next to me.
She was coughing all night. I felt sorry for her and let her hop up in bed and snuggle a few times.

Dr. Lincoln called first thing in the morning and wanted to see her. So off we went.

Off course.
The spell had magically been broken and she was suddenly better.

Still 40 lbs.
Going on a year at 40lbs now.
No fever, waited in that crazy office (it was a Friday and apparently everyone had some kind of virus) for an hour, to be told "keep up the nebulizer" and TLC. Thanks!

Get home... Spunky Bruster learned how to open cabinets.

And Princess All Better got her appetite back.
I missed my free massage at the YMCA but was just happy the week was over and the kids were content and on the mend.

Sydney only likes the "leaves" of the broccoli.



This concludes our week. I have two tests next week but hope to make it through healthy. Around the time I took this picture I was feeling my muscles tighten and my body was giving up. It was only 7:30pm. Guessing the 1/2 Marathon is out. Flu is in.

1 comment:

  1. i really like sydney's gap outfit. particularly the pants. So cute!
    Hope you're feeling better...

    ReplyDelete