Thursday, April 15, 2010

More Zen: Kelli's Hand-Foot-Mouth Disease

Kelli spiked this high fever the other day (103) with no other symptoms (just crying, no eating) so I took her to the doctor and as it turns out, she has a ton of sores in her throat. POOR KID!! No wonder she was in so much pain and won't eat. Well that meant I had to scramble because this is really contagious which means she can't be around other kids which means I was screwed as far as having anyone watch her so I could go to school Thursday. (Mom is on a cruise, Dad had to see his cardiologist, everyone else has KIDS, and I don't want to spread this). So I made the rounds getting in touch with my instructors, bc at least 2 of the classes were important to get to on that day. Stressing out big time. Tests, articles due, speech, etc. Turns out my instructors were very cool, 2 of them even invited me to bring Kelli to class, and I almost did after her morning nap but then it began raining (which would mean I'd have to walk with her all over campus in the rain, no thanks). So we're spending the day together... she's sick. Her throat hurts so bad so she can't eat/swallow... but I know she is starving so that is frustrating her, especially when she sees ME eat, she really wants a bite (and I offer it to her, and she tries, but ends up spitting it up and crying. I feel awful. I've tried bananas, pudding, smoothies etc... still hurts her. So I'm just adding grains to her bottles hoping to add calories). The doctor prescribed tylenol 3 for pain, and I've resorted twice now. She gets a spurt of energy after I give her a dose and she is ALL OVER THE PLACE.

I can tell she is really hungry and frustrated because she spends all her time playing in the refrigerator and pantry.

I got her on the treadmill. Gonna train her for next year's Capitol 10k!

"I'm much happier on codiene!!"
(going through 6 bibs a day!! so much drool!)

All she wanted to do was play in the kitchen so I took her upstairs. (I guess that's why we have a playroom, right? funny enough the girls are hardly IN IT!!!!! grrr)

"wow look at all these toys I didn't know I had"

"Amazing. All this time I've been chasing after outlets, stairs, knives, electronics and table edges... and yet these fun, colorful things have been here all along! neat."

"That was fun, but I think this MacBook Air still looks more interesting, thanks, move aside while I hack the Chinese government..."

No comments:

Post a Comment