Monday, November 16, 2009

Back at the Lake!

After a looooong, long, long week... we got back to the lake. I hosted an MNI at my house Friday night, as well as my friend Jen and her two young kids from Houston stayed at the house. Saturday morning, after 4 hours of sleep, I got up and took the kids to Fiesta Gardens for the Step Out diabetes walk, had lunch with the family afterwards (not to mention I went to a different Magnolia Cafe than my parents and sisters, got a table and drinks with both kids - and the restaurant was packed!... found out they went to the one on W. 6th... had to pack them up and load them into the car and drive over there and do the same all over again AAAAAAH!), then drove home & packed the car & dog, showered etc and made the 1hr trek to the lake. I was exhausted! In dire need of r&r.

So we finally know more about that property across from us! We always thought maybe it was a nice older veteran or something that kept the place up nice. Turned out to be President Johnson's old place!

Sydney is in love with little Cody. She is a little overbearing and "intrusive"... but it's all love.

She found the Santa hat and got in character.





Cody & Kelli enjoyed some quiet time on the back porch.

We found a good place to eat up the road, which happens to be the house Texas Chainsaw Massacre was filmed (and also serves great stuffed pork!) Yum! The staircase was familiar, and eery!

Sunday we drove out to Llano, which is about 25 minute NW of our lake house. It's an old town and very quaint but everything is closed on Sunday!

Except this place, which was one of those places that used to be an old blacksmith or bank or something. Wasn't a horrible lunch but Kelli was fussy the hole time and I was so tired!

Got back for some jet ski time. Syd wanted to fish.

Keith on the jet ski (I love stating the obvious)

This is Sydney casting. Note: I am taking this picture from far away? Take a gander at why.

She is drawing the trees in our yard.


I didn't want to leave so early, but Kelli was in a good mood and I hopped on that and put them in the car for the 45 minute-ish drive home. This is the bridge we take out of town (which you see to the east of our pier.)

Sydney was yelling "there's our house! bye house!"

Kelli sucked a bottle down once we got home. I was slightly offended she didn't want to nurse, but I took the chance to unload the car, bathe Sydney and make dinner. Ugh... this week won't be any better in the way of busy-ness. I need some serious B vitamins!

No comments:

Post a Comment