Friday, November 20, 2009

Practice Thanksgiving @ Mom's

Always nice to be close to my Mom's, so we can have random evenings together (like her "practice Thanksgiving". leave it to Mom to have a "practice Thanksgiving". seriously). And, off course she had all her old lady magazines on the kitchen table for me to mosey through as Dad cut the turkey.

Harriet Carter! Only way you can order a rolling snow plow and hair cutting "umbrella" on the same page. You know its an old lady catalog when there isnt even a catagory for anything. It's just 65 pages of random crap that only people born before 1949 need.

Oooh! Like plastic underwear, hair funnels, squirrel traps and Bible tabs!
I get a big kick out of thumbing through these things. I just picture women in retirement homes in their rocking chairs, hair in rollers, marking each page and calling in their orders. Cute.
I confess, though, I saw the Santa Suit Shower Curtain and kinda wished I had a shower to buy that for... it was really "special looking".

The missing item in this picture is their annoying brown poodle, Rusty, wagging his knob (tail) at my Dad's foot just waiting for anything... even just turkey sweat to hit the floor.

My mom had these up in the guest room... left: Kelli and right: Sydney.

Sydney got time out because her cousin Maddie called to say Happy Birthday to her and Sydney didn't want to talk to her on the phone. She wouldn't talk ... which upset Andy & I. I dont know what she was really in trouble for: being rude? or embarrassing us? Either way, I had a talk with her afterwards and she explained that she does that because she gets nervous if you dont "warn" her because then she doesnt know what to say on the phone. It was an eye-opener because that translated into a very similar phone-fear that I have!! Ha. So I forgave her.

3 comments:

  1. omg!! kelli and syd are so similar. i love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the laugh Sara. Lucy looks for meat sweat too. Love the old lady mags. Too cute.

    ReplyDelete
  3. DUDE. i love the new background.

    ReplyDelete