Tuesday, November 24, 2009

"Why do I have to be so awesome?"

Got the wreath finished and hung up. Andy was uber amazed by my obvious talents, he kept complimenting me on the wreath and how the house looked. I took a note from our little friend Mikey's book and said "I know. Why do I have to be so awesome"... Andy laughed. He didn't know where that came from until I told him... then it was even more funny. Ever since Carey (Mikey's Mom) told me about it last week, I keep thinking it in my head and laughing... like when I get 100 things done real quickly and before the baby wakes up.. I think in my head "wow, why do I have to be so amazing" or when I cook a good dinner without reading all of the recipe instructions and think to myself "gah, why do I have so much talent?" or "ugh. how did my family get so lucky?". Slowly... I'm gaining the confidence of a 4yo boy. It's working. Thanks Mikey.

2 comments: