Thursday, December 24, 2009

Christmas Eve 2009

I had a hyper, happy, excited, goofy, sweet little 4yo in my office this morning.

"Mom its Christmas Eve! There is only one more sleep until Santa and that means its almost Jesus' birffffday!"

Well guess what. When it's someone's "birffffday", what do you do? You go to Gattitown. Naturally. Sydney's idea. So we did. And celebrated. Kelli LOVED cheeseless/topless pizza!!!! (and Sydney got the afternoon 'off' of her GF diet)

I mean, I'm not kidding. I went through 3 crusts. Andy & Sydney finally finished their lunch, got up and left to play games and I sat there another 10 minutes because Kelli was either going to eat my hand or I had to find another piece of pizza crust!!!! She kept going!

Sydster's favorite game although she cannnnnnnnnot throw the ball. I mean EVERY time she swings the ball, it goes 2 rows over and nearly hits someone in the head. Every time.

Really? WHO makes a game called "Jungle Safari" where the object is to shoot and kill (1) monkeys (2) butterflies (3) parrots (4) tigers (5) snakes and (6) giraffe????? I can SORT of see snakes? Maybe tiger (if you feel threatened or something). But seriously.... hey kiddies! Come over here and murder mother nature as violently as possible!! You can win tickets to redeem for stickers!
(only in Texas)

Um. There was some subliminal message in this thing for babies because Kelli was in a trance.




So awesome. My friend from northern California sent me this blanket for Christmas. We have an entire collection of blankets she's made since BEFORE Sydney was even born, and they are beginning to have a very special meaning to Sydney now... as when they arrive, she recognizes them as "Miss J-nine blankets". She has a couple baby ones from her as well as a toddler one (Dora) which she STILL sleeps with to this day (doesn't even get under her own bed covers... sleeps on top of her comforter and just uses her Dora j-nine blanket). Then off course Kelli got one... but now *I* get one!!!! For ME. I love it! Although.... Sydney stole it tonight to sleep with while Santa comes. She was really excited about it. It was cute.

Santa's cookies! Sydney put crushed up peppermint sticks on one because its "magic and will help him stay magic on Christmas night!"

Oh Lord help me.... each cookie literally took 20 minutes. I'm hardly exaggerating here.

See? Even Kelli is like Mooooooommmmmm, I am BORED watching her paint cookies!

After evening church I wanted to get a cute picture of Kelli & Andy on the couch & this is the best I came up with.
Haha!!! Her face!!!! (even made better by her ears!!!!!)
Okay, I better go. I think I hear Santa's sleigh!!!!!!!!!!

2 comments:

  1. Fun family day. I think you should have a purple/green one that has flowers on it from a Mother's Day exchange too?

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah the purple one was confiscated by Sydney. its "hers". the one with pictures on it? yep. belongs to her now. =(

    ReplyDelete