Thursday, December 24, 2009

Cookies for Santa!

Sydney & I begin the cookie dough process while Daddy closes out some work. I am already a nervous wreck about the mess... but as you will see as things progress, I loosen up.

Is there any way to make sugar cookies without getting stuff on the floor? No.

So what do you do? Naturally... throw flour on each other. I started the food on Andy. Notice Sydney looking up with a light bulb going off...

ewps... this was the first picture. The above was the second....

Then I got Sydney. Which she thought was HYSTERICAL. Then the kitchen became a snow storm.

Look how UNimpressed Andy is with this food fight. Andy Sydney? "Oh come on Daaaaaad. Just a little flour."

Sydney wanted to continue the good mood parade by "shaking what her mama (excuse me, daddy) gave her".

I didn't have a rolling pin.

I tried to explain to Sydney that cookie cutter was for Valentines Day cookies but she said "well its a heart and hearts are for love... and that is what Christmas is all about". Seriously? Is she real? Pinch me.

Some pictures do not need explanation or words.

As you can see from this photo, that teeth whitening I got from the dentist is NOT working too well (and it HURTS!). And.... not much chance you'll get me off the sauces (coffee & wine)... so what's the point? I suppose I'll accept my yellow teeth. Dangit.

Kids are in bed. Time to drink the rolling pin!

This is my favorite wine! It's from one of the wineries up the road from us called Mandola.

Shhh.... I took a sip before Andy came back down from reading Sydney stories.

While I was waiting I took pictures of our cozy house. I began getting a little excited for Christmas again!



Sydney's first Christmas ornament. TEARSSSSSS!!!!

This was my favorite ornament as a child. My mom gave it to me last year.

This is a newer one which Sydney & I both like alot. The tree lights make it SO sparkly.

No comments:

Post a Comment