Monday, December 7, 2009

Nordstrom's Cafe & Train ride...

Was feeling a little "blah" with Andy being gone (plus Kelli being sick, bad doctor appointments, cold and rainy, missed church, Dad's surgery... anything else? just blah)... so in order to cheer myself up, I asked my mom to accompany me out of the house. I couldn't sit in the house with the kids by myself any longer. And I knew she needed a "break" too. (the wine was a nice touch)... for a chick with no makeup, I can perk up rather nicely, eh? The beet salad was awesome!

Looks like Mom was trying to spit a loogie at me, but actually she's smoochin' at Kelli and trying to get her to smile. Sydney is contemplating her chicken. (which I paid $1 extra to make it chicken breast instead of chicken fried fingers... how does that make sense?)

She saw the train. Do you think for a second we'd get out of that mall without one ride? Psh.
You could hear her (over the bell, whistle, chugs, mall crowds) yaking away & laughing to those boys the entire time.

I'd pay $2 for a smile that big on her face anyday!


Today, it was cold and rainy AGAIN. I had to return something at the mall (again) and the girls were great. Kelli is getting a little better (or the motrin really is just way better than tylenol) and we had Julia over to play with Sydney for an hour. While those two were upstairs, Kelli helped me bake a gluten free coffee cake. YUM!! Then we made meatballs and all sat down together for dinner. Kelli loved the apple sauce. But... still not the same without Daddy. The aura is just "off" in this house. It's weird.

2 comments:

  1. did you know nordstrom's is my favorite restaurant? I love their sandwiches.
    The kids like the fruit and cheese plate.
    I think motrin works wayyy better than tylenol in almost all instances!

    i had an off day too...i was / am just SO tired. not like me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. the verification word from my last comment was
    FORKPOWER.

    Fork power?

    ReplyDelete