Tuesday, December 22, 2009

A good game of "Things"

First, I must point out something that Andy pointed out to me. He brought me to the playroom where I let Kelli roam around in yesterday morning. I had the tv on and he found her laying on the floor, holding the remote and watching the television. So funny. It looked like she was just laying there channel-surfing. On to family night at our house...

I made taco soup and whipped out this board game I picked up at Target called "Things". It's new and the object is basically to laugh. The reader draws a card and it says something like "Things you would not say to your inlaws" and everyone secretly writes down an answer, folds the paper and puts it into the pile, the reader then says them all outloud and each person takes a guess at who wrote what, if you guess correctly you get to guess again... as you can see, this game got ugly.

We have never seen my dad laugh so hard (or try and hold back a laugh so hard). "Things you would do if you were a giant"....

Erik's answer: eat airplanes. So obvious.

Things you should not pick up: sidewalks. (sidewalks? really? because it would be hard on your back... MOM?)

Things you should not bite: (real answer) titties. MY DAD. Assuming he tried to get that passed us thinking none of us would guess he would say that and secondly, he had a couple drinks. Titties? Really? By the 3rd round this game was so out of hand.

Things you should not pick up: we learned that my mom used to hang out at the navy docks in Chicago and pick up Sailors apparently... thanks to this round. Awesome.

Things you would rather be doing right now: gleaming the cube. Hello, can't believe only 3 people at the table saw that movie. All of us were in our prime in the 80's.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yviIgIDxlwc&feature=related

1 comment:

  1. Ok...I now have to get that game...sending Tony out tonite to get it!!!!

    ReplyDelete