Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Family Night @ Nutty Brown's

I organize family nights out for my playgroup a couple times a month. Last night it was at Nutty Brown's, a famous eatery in Austin that happens to have .99 kids meals on Tuesdays (the catch, you have to pay for their drinks which are $2!! haha). It is a great outdoor place, with live music and dance floor for kids, moonwalks, a giant sand box, and large ball field and a Parrot named Cheeto. The kids run around free and have fun while parents relax, eat and talk (and consume an adult beverage or two). The atmosphere is so "Austin" and we say every time "I LOVE living in Austin" when we go to this place. This kind of thing is what defines Austin. Social, kid and family-friendly, musical, laid back and easy going. Yep, we're a bunch of hippies.



This is Sydney dancing to a hawaii song on stage. She really got into her character. She has the confidence and dancing down, but is still practicing on her vocals. From her performances, you'd think she has no clue singing means tuning your voice. She just gets into it! She's our free spirit.
Lucky for all the other kids there, a moonbounce was up. Sydney is like a wild gorilla who just escaped from the zoo. She doesnt exactly try to bounce or jump. She just runs, waving her arms and screaming. If I were her size, I'd be afraid of her.

Below are some video clips of Sydney taking the stage. She initially went up to request a song, but he didnt know "Little Boy Blue" so she hopped up there, grabbed the mic and they made a good duo for a couple of songs!



2 comments:

  1. ohmygod. that video (the happy birthday one) of "Superwhy" is just so awesome. and the hands up "I dunno who's birthday it is" and her bow at the end???????????????????????????????????????????????????

    i want some nutty browns. I actually think it mightve been my favorite place there!

    well, except we didnt make it to the Salt Lick.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG! so freaking precious! I love it! I can't wait to find out what she becomes.

    I want to go to austin!

    ReplyDelete