Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Syd Flies the Croup & Study Hall



We made it 3 years just hearing about this thing called "Croup"... but never actually experiencing it. Suddenly Sydney had a cough that wouldnt go away. (I thought allergies).

Then she couldnt sleep at night, so I experienced 2 nights in bed with her propping her up on pillows and 'administering' water as she seemingly choked to breathe. My poor nugget. Finally got her to the doctor and we definitely have croup. We got albuterol which we are no strangers to. She actually enjoys her breathing treatments. But this time, we have to go every 3 hours around the clock! I set my alarm every 3 hours last night to wake up and force-medicate my child. It was NOT fun! Ohhhhh, I am so tired.

In order to get a little 'break'... Sydney is at my mom's today while I am at Chuck's studying. This seems to be the only way I can concentrate and get anything done. Though, blogging is not exactly part of my biology assignment. I love this place. It's my "study hall". The deli is family-owned and the people here are incredibly nice to me. I feel spoiled and loved! Oh... and the food is amazing!

2 comments:

  1. she looks pathetic in that picture. Was she sleeping with your glasses on? LOL

    PS. The 3 hour albuterol treatments..........nature's way of getting you ready to get up every 3 hours with Kelli!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yes...welcome to my nightly nightmare (wait...does that make sense? Oh..you know what I mean) Kenny does the Albuterol and Pulmicort every night/morning and when he is sick or has a hard time breathing...its the every 3 hour thing!And is now on Symbicort every night as well. It sucks, but Syd looks like a pro at it! She is beautiful Sara!
    Love your blog!

    ReplyDelete