Monday, May 18, 2009

Town Lake, fountains, HEB, Dance... etc

I didn't think I would make it, but I managed to walk 1.5 miles uphill to from our parking spot to the usual duck "hide out" where Sydney wanted to do her part in nourishing all of mother nature.

We must have gotten there too early, because there were NO ducks.

we had a curious squirrel who was happy to take our rice puffs.

and alot of these creepy guys

some tiny fish and turtles as well... but no ducks....

except this baby one, who wouldn't eat our food.

So Sydney joyfully fed the birds


until this guy showed up. will someone PLEASE tell me what the heck this dude is!!?? Is this like a cross between a Mallard and a turkey or something?? Aaron?
Walking back. I wasn't excited about it, because I knew I had to trek the same distance back to the car. This was the view looking down.

A much nicer view looking ahead

Just going up this bridge I thought I was going to die and all these athletic, healthy Austinites just ran past me as if there was NO hill there or something.

In order to take a break half-way, I whipped out the camera to pretend I had an important picture to take.... when in reality I was just trying to breathe.

I love town lake!

I needed another break.

Made it to the fountains!! I love her face when she's this happy. I could sit here all day and just watch her be happy.


UGH!!! she's one of "those" kids now!!!!! Thank you 10yo boy from southpark meadows for making my kid think this is 'cool'!!!!!!


snack time

We made it to HEB and Sydney wanted to know why these fish were frozen and what they did bad. The lady behind the counter then brought her a little crawfish and we got the talk about how sometimes people EAT fish and she said "but thats a real one that's alive. I only eat pretend fish"

1 comment:

  1. love the 5th pic of sydney
    i will ask aaron about the mutt duck
    fish story is funny!!

    ReplyDelete